Bulletin Board Policies and Guidelines
Community Bulletin Board Policy
Mount Horeb Public Library provides space on its public bulletin board for notices, announcements and community events. This service is extended in the spirit of community and to provide access to a wide variety of sources of information.
Staff may discard items not appropriate for placement, and excess copies of any items received.
Library staff reserves the right to remove postings.
Staff will follow publicly posted guidelines in making decisions about placement of materials.
Items will be posted or made available on an equitable basis, subject to available space, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of the individuals or groups represented.
Religious and political materials are permissible for informational purposes or special events; materials which have the primary effect to proselytize for a single point of view will not be displayed.
Posting of a notice or placement of materials in a display rack does not imply endorsement by library staff or the library board.
Generally, notices will not be posted for longer than three weeks. The library is unable to make arrangements for any notices to be returned.
Library Bulletin Board Posting Guidelines
Library staff posts all items
- Please give your items to library staff
- Library, local non-profit, and local educational items are priority. Local commercial items are allowed. “Local” defined as within Mount Horeb Public Library service area. Staff may post non-local items when space is plentiful.
- Religious and political materials are permissible for informational purposes or special events; materials which have the primary effect to proselytize for a single point of view will not be displayed.
- Limit the number of items you request to be posted.
- Postings will not be posted for longer than three weeks.
Posting items yourself risks having it removed by staff.
Small items will be given preference
- Half-sheet posters (or smaller) are preferred. 8 ½ x 11 will be posted.
- Larger sizes must be reviewed by Help Desk Librarian.
Staff weeds regularly
- Library staff reserves the right to remove postings.
- Application of these guidelines will be based on the judgment of the Library Director. Decisions made by the Library Director may be appealed to the Library Board.
Questions? Please see the Help Desk Librarian
Approved by Library Board 6.26.14
Amended by Library Board 7.23.15
| 07.28.15 |