Mount Horeb Public Library
SOLICITATION, CANVASSING, AND SURVEYS
- Solicitation and canvassing of the public or the staff is not permitted on Mount Horeb Public Library property or property under the control of the Library Board of Trustees or the Village of Mount Horeb by the public or members of the Library staff, by authority of Village of Mount Horeb Ordinances 9.09 Obstruction of Entrances.
- Soliciting is defined as the sale or distribution of merchandise, sales materials, tickets, insurance, coupons, magazine subscriptions, political campaign material, or anything not connected with the work of the Library.
- The only exceptions to the non–solicitation policy are those authorized by the Library Director for the fundraising activities that involve Friends of the Library or the Endowment Fund.
- Canvassing is defined as petitioning or distributing written materials or soliciting for political, charitable or religious purposes on Mount Horeb Public Library property or property under the control of the Library Board of Trustees of the Village of Mount Horeb by the public or members of the Library staff.
- The Library provides a space for the display of public notices, subject to the guidelines set forth in its Library Bulletin Board Policy.
- Surveying of groups or individuals may only be done in conjunction with output measures or other similar surveys designed to quantify library use or satisfaction with library services. Any person who does not abide by the conditions stated above or creates a nuisance such that the regular business of the library is disrupted shall be required to immediately cease all activities and to leave the library premises immediately.
| 10.15.15 |