SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Approved by Library Board 02-20-2020
The Mount Horeb Public Library social media is Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- The Mount Horeb Public Library uses social media to engage with its community regarding matters related to library resources and services.
- The intended audience of the Library’s social media accounts are the people residing within the Library’s service area.
III. General Guidelines
- Content must meet the user agreement of the platform.
- The Library reserves the right to review comments and postings.
- The Library reserves the right to add new social media platforms or stop use of social media platforms.
- The Library reserves the right to remove any and all comments or posts from its social media accounts.
IV. Library Responsibilities
- Content posted by the library on social media by the library is duplicative and will not be the only way to access information about the Library.
- The Library will respond to comments, answer questions, and provide information as appropriate.
- The Library is not responsible for any content posted by a participant in the Library social media forum. The Library assumes no liability for any judgments, damages or other negative repercussions that arise from or are related to posted content.
- The Library’s participation in social media does not constitute endorsement of the content or views expressed by the participants, including staff.
- The Library reserves the right to reproduce comments, posts, and messages in other public venues; such reproduction may be edited for space or content while retaining the original intent of the post.
- Social Media is not the mechanism used by the Library to document or address Library user problems and concerns, or influence Library policy, or procedures.The Library asks that individual user complaints be addressed directly to the Library Director so they can be addressed quickly and specifically.