Note: Before using our Drive Up service, you MUST schedule a pick up time. Details below. However, you may visit during our Express Library Hours if you'd prefer to just drop in.
For scheduling and any questions, have your library card number handy and call 608-437-5021 or email
Staff are available between 9am and 8pm Monday through Thursday, 9am-5:30pm Friday, and 9am-5pm Saturday.
RECEIVE LIBRARY ITEMS IN THREE EASY STEPS!
Use LINKcat to place holds on items available in the Mt. Horeb Public Library
- View/Download Written Instructions on finding MHPL items.
- Video (YouTube) tutorial on right. More LINKcat tutorials here. If the resolution is low, change your settings by clicking on the little gearbox settings icon in the lower right part of video screen.
- We can only provide items that are currently in our library because delivery service and returns are not safely possible. Not able to use LINKcat or looking for special items such as Lucky Day DVDs or Board Games? Library staff will gladly order items for you. Please call or email us.
When you receive a notification:
Call 437-5021 or email to schedule a time to pick up your items.
Staff will schedule a time with you and guide you through the drive up process.
Use the Drive Up Window and pick up your items or stop in during our Express Library Hours.
- Pick Ups will be scheduled
- Monday - Thursday, 9:30am-7:50pm.
- Friday, 9:30am-4:50pm.
- Saturday, 9:30am-4:50pm.
- In order to limit contact, we encourage one person pick up the entire family's holds at one time.
- Order as many items as you'd like! Unlimited pick up.
- Pick Ups will be scheduled
All Due Dates will be extended to October 1, 2020. (This may not show in your account until the end of August or end of September.)
Do not use our Drive Up Window to return materials of any kind. This is essential to ensure safe handling of materials.
Our outside Book Drops are now open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
DO NOT use our Drive Up Window to return any items. We cannot accept materials at this window. It is strictly for picking up holds. This must be followed in order to keep patrons, materials and staff safe.
We are unable to sanitize the book drop handles between each person. Please take precautions. If you do not feel safe returning items, it's okay. All Due Dates will be extended to September 1, 2020. (This may not show in your account until the end of July.)
The returned items will still show up on your library account for at least 96 hours, due to WI Department of Public Instruction guidance. Please don't be alarmed by when you see this. All materials will get checked in. You will not accrue fines during this time. (We are unable to check items in for at least four days to ensure the safety of our staff and the public. Materials will be quarantined in a separate area.)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- How can I request items that are currently on Mt. Horeb's shelves?
- What are you doing to protect the safety of patrons and staff?
- Can I get Lucky Day DVDs and books?
- When can I return items?
- Can I Donate Books or Other Items to the Libary/Friends of the Library?
- Can you provide recommendations?